Privacy Statement for Halo Mobile Application
Last Updated November 11, 2016
Your privacy is important to us. This Privacy Statement describes how we, Dealers1, LLC (“D1”), collect, use, and share information (including the location of your Halo -equipped eligible vehicle (your “Vehicle”) and how your Vehicle is used) when you download this mobile software application (“Application”) to your phone or other Internet-connected device (your “Device”) and when you use the services available through the Application, which include services that allow you to view the location and diagnostic information of your Vehicle, to obtain services you request from third party service providers, and to help maintain your vehicle properly (the “Application Services”).
It is your responsibility to ensure that all users of your Vehicle know that anyone with access to the Application Services through your Device may be able to access information about your Halo account and your Vehicle, including the location of your Vehicle.
Other individuals with access to the Application Services associated with your Vehicle may be able to view your Halo Account Information, Vehicle-Related Information and Driving Information, including location of your Vehicle.
Information We Collect
When you install the Application or use the Application Services, we collect:
• Device information, such as the location of your Device, Device type, Device operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, unique identifier, type of browser, Internet service provider, information about your use of the Application, and phone number; and
• Information about your use of the Application, including screen view time, scrolling, specific actions to activate features and/or otherwise navigate the application, reactions to alerts, searches, and your interactions with in-application marketing offers;
• Account Information, Vehicle-Related Information, and Driving Information, such as the location based on GPS and, in certain circumstances, the speed of your Vehicle.
• Information about you from additional online and offline sources including commercially or publicly available third party sources.
Use of Your Information
• Provide the Application Services;
• Communicate with you about your account or the Application Services; and
• Provide you with marketing offers that may interest you, including offers relevant to the location of your Device;
• Improve, troubleshoot, and evaluate the use of our products and Services (including the Application); and
• Conduct research.
Restricting the Collection of Location and Speed Information
Sharing of Information
• those you ask us to share this information with,
• third party service providers working on our behalf,
• emergency service providers, and
• others when required by law.
Limiting Marketing and Promotional Communications
You may choose to limit the marketing and promotional communications we send you. You can do this by contacting us at email@example.com and selecting your contact preferences. We will also provide opt-out instructions in all of our promotional communication channels; for example, an Unsubscribe option will appear at the bottom of all marketing-related emails.
We use technical, administrative, and physical safeguards designed to protect your information and we require third party service providers to maintain similar safeguards against loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, destruction, or theft of your information.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to update this Privacy Statement from time to time for any reason. We will notify you of a material change to this Privacy Statement by placing a notice on www.halocar.us or your Device, or by notifying you via email or postal mail.
If you would like to access or ensure the accuracy of your Account Information, please contact us as described below.
How to Contact Us
For general questions about the Application Services, visit www.halocar.us or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions about our privacy practices, contact the Privacy Manager by email at email@example.com or by mail to Dealers1, LLC Privacy Manager, P.O. Box 747, Beaverton, Oregon, 97005.